14.5.06

postcard from europe: el fin


Watch the video

I arrived home on Friday, after 13 hours of travel, passing through Reykjavik (I'm going back there some day!), and I was up for over 24 hours.  But now I'm here, in new jersey... with my parents and my cat and my brother home for a couple months before moving to DC. 

I've done lots the last few months... changed, grew and all that jazz.  I saw a lot, I thought a lot (what else is new), and I created a lot too.  I'm living at home for the summer, and I suppose it's my choice.  I'll be working some boring job to pay back loans and pay the gas (I cannot believe it's so high here), I'll be trying to travel on the weekends, music festivals, friend visits, hikes, and climbing trips.  Despite the seeming dullness of it all, I'm excited.  All the things I accomplished since January inside myself and out have some potential this summer.  They have potential to come into their own, I suppose.  

I've got plans and finally the energy to see them through. 

We ended our trip at the base of the Eiffel Tower, ate our bread and cheese breakfast and then I began my trip home.  

so many more adventures to come.  so much more to see. 

music by the killers

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, Jo! =)

I want to hear more stories in person when I finally escape to Ringwood on the 26th.

Anonymous said...

A Jersey girl in Paris...
awesome.

Really amazing video. I'm hooked :)

Jen said...

You really get across that end-of-a-long-travel feeling with this one; the bittersweet end of one thing & start of the next.

I'm totally hooked on your videos. You do beautiful things with that camera. Thanks & welcome back to the states.

Anonymous said...

i've really been enjoying your videos. keep 'em coming.

Lucia said...

That was a very cool video.