18.5.06

making visits


Watch the video

Tuesday, I went up to Bennington for the opening of the Senior Visual Arts Show.  It was, firstly, nice to be driving again and nice to put the ipod on master shuffle and hear stuff that's been sitting in my memory for years.

more posts about this trip to come.

music by nick drake, sufjan stevens, paul simon, tori amos, alanis morrisette, john hartford, ali farka toure, clifton chenier and his red hot louisiana band, ashley macisaac, abdou guitte seck, joe henry, patsy cline, & sam bush.

and we're back to manageable file sizes.  time is 1:49 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I found myself wondering whether that was a short drive or not. Did it really rain the whole time?

lauren said...

this is some weird way prepared me for my first visit home in a while (which is happening in about two weeks time)...there is something therapeutic about driving and listening to old tunes to get you in the right frame of mind to navigate old angels and demons.

Michael said...

Now where have I seen this editing style before?

Would it be conceited of me to say, "great minds think alike?"