5.6.07

normal for my age

this is my final project for a class entitled (Re)Presenting Culture, and introduction to ethnographic film. I collaborated with three high school students from central Vermont, posed the question "show me your life", and used their collected footage to edit a final video.

I believe strongly in subject-generated media. This video doesn't truely realize this goal, however, by the many minutes of footage that each student captured and how differently each of them depicted themselves, I feel like this was a step in the right direction. My only hope was that they feel justly represented (not truely, just through my own perspective) and perhaps a little empowered to continue exploring self-representation.

I'd certainly appreciate any dialogue on this video. And thank you for the patience it takes to view it. 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

nice video..thanks for sharing..

Laying laminate flooring