24.5.06

painting.


Watch the video

so I'm in new jersey for the summer... this will be the first time I've spent more than two weeks in new jersey since I left for college in vermont.  I certainly have mixed feelings about being here, but I'm really looking forward to dusting off my own cobwebs and sorting through my life and getting some fresh perspective.

first project: take my room, which I painted when I was 16, and make it less cluttered, more sophisticated, and more sellable for when my parents sell this house (no time soon).  Before/After photos will be posted on my Flickr once the room is put back together. 

This is just something of a resolve.  A mantra.  A promise.  Not meant to be deep, or anything profound.  Just on my mind.

By the way, this Blog of Note thing on blogger was pretty cool... shocking, I didn't realize why I was getting so many comments and so  many hits for a while.  Thanks for watching though.  I hope I'm showing you something interesting.  Please comment, offer suggestions and insight.  Always appreciated.

music by the yoshida brothers

11 comments:

geeksters said...

I found your blog because you're uber-famous.

It's always strange being home again once you've been on your own. Hope you have a good time revisiting your old self and polishing up your room.

Peter Matthes said...

I hope you were going to paint that wall green anyway.

soul in progress said...

I see you as a cool chick.
Here in my country we have different culture and I'm always fond of people like you. Being independent and being on your own journey. Having adventure.
Goodluck painting that wall. Rusted Gate thats pretty interesting title.
see you around..

Anonymous said...

There in the valley
where all the grand houses used to be
Among all the worn down mansions
Filled with tenets living for free
There you'll find a yard
All grown over with bushes and with trees
Behind a veil of shrubs, a barking dog
and flowing ivy you will see
Then entrance to a world
of fear loneliness, anger and hate
Behind those bitter walls and an old rusted gate.

F Daum said...

Prep work is important, make sure you pull out all the tacks, anchors, staples, and nails out the wall. Any holes bigger than 1/4" may need a patch kit. DAP is a popular drywall patching compound. The stuff can be sanded down damp. A nice smooth painted wall is important.

Hillary for President said...

I d'ont LIKE DAP personal. Just use some joint compounds. BUT NOT DAP. I THING DAP MADE BY NEOCONS.

Hillary-for-President.blogspot.com

Kelley said...

Cool site-enjoy your travels!

Jon W said...

Did you ever watch a movie, and really wish that one of the characters was real, and you could sit down with them and talk, like they were a close friend, and you just know it would be amazing?

that happens to me when I watch your movies.

lauren said...

this one's my favorite...cause it reminds me of what my most adored and loved apartment looked like.

i was lucky/unlucky enough to have my parents reclaim my room as their own space for me. its still weird sleeping in there though...where are all my sarah mclachlan posters from high school?

Michael said...

What an interesting first video of yours to view...subscribed!

.raoul said...

I come back to this vlog to see this video over and over again...

touching!