3.3.06

an italian farm


Watch the video

for my spring break I spent a week on a farm on the outskirts of a village called Pescosolido, near the town of Sora, an hour and a half east of Rome, Italy.  It was quite an experience, had it's ups and it's downs.  But it was such a beautiful location, just on the edge of the Abruzzi mountains, that it was hard to get too upset about some of thr idiosyncracies of it all.

I've made three videos, this first one is footage of the farm and the inhabitants of the farm.  I had the wonderful company of two other helpers, Matilda and Jay who make guest appearances along with the dog, Felicita (the white one, the other dog was the neighbors and really annoying), the donkey Concheta, lots of goats and sheep, and some chickens too.  I had all sorts of tasks, refinishing old wagon wheels, chiseling signs into rock (you can tell by my handwriting), and waiting ceilings.

music by bob dylan                     time is 2:12

No comments: