30.1.06

jet-set part 2


Watch the video

and the second installment...

I spent 2 nights and a day in Barcelona... not nearly enough. The miserable weather made it quite a bit less fun but I still fell in love... I could imagine what it would be like, sunny, more lively, more like I imagined it. Still an incredible experience though... Parc Guell, by Gaudi, covered in mosaics... La Rambla, stepping in puddles, speaking Spanish... La Boqueria with all sorts of amazing foods, like granadias!  The amazing hostel I stayed in.  There's even a guest appearance by Ashley and Kyra in there! I shall return, no doubt... probably when there's no more snow.

p.s. still working on compression... bare with me with.

music by rufus wainwright

4 comments:

Devin said...

That was pleasing.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Interesting picture and video. I have been to Barcelona last summer. Finding a nice centrally located apartment in Barcelona hotels is no easier than any other great city, and so I am very fortunate that my wife's cousin Luisa has one with a view across to Sagrada Familia by way of her laundry porch. She is very old now, and we haven't visited her since 1998, so I keep telling my wife, it's time to return to Barcelona. This is one of my favorite cities to just wander around. It's generally very safe and clean, and the architecture of Gaudi among many other great Catalan architects, is wonderful to look at.

Unknown said...

Nice video. You are lucky. I always dreamed to visit this amazing and fascinating city. I read a lot of information about Barcelona and know that the works of Antoni Gaudi dominate the city of Barcelona. I think that he is great architecture.