14.5.06

postcard from europe: vienna


Watch the video

more wonderful weather in Vienna.  It's a beautiful but strange city.  I suppose I expected it to look less new... but were only a few of the old buildings that were spared in WWII.  I loved the trams... a fresh-air subway.  We wandered the city, went to museums and gardens.  You see the courtyard outside of the KunstHaus (art museum) with big red lounging things, the Schoenbrunn castle gardens (and labyrinth!), the Haus der Musik (a fun interactive sound museum), and the Kunst Haus Wien, a Gaudi-esque building housing the paintings and prints of Franz Hundertwasser... a very cool guy.

music by badly drawn boy

2 comments:

F said...

I lived in Vienna for 5 months as a student, and I must say that I miss it a lot. I guess that I am in love with that city.

leslie said...

i likewise love the city. i lived north of linz for 6 months, and would goto vienna 3 weekends out of each month. it is the most beautiful city i have ever seen, and the shopping is wonderful. i like your videos a lot - takes me back.