14.5.06

postcard from europe: ljubljana


Watch the video

Ljubljana was one of my favorite cities... perhaps my favorite.  Not being much of a city-person, it fit me well in its smallness, cozy-ness... and hey, it had a market every day.  It was like the outdoor center of Slovenia and southeastern Europe.  Again, we hit it on a Sunday when most museums and shops were closed but that didn't stop us from enjoying the beautiful weather.  I'd go back there in a second, despite being a small city, to tour around the Slovenian countryside... the train ride was just a tease.  Go there now before it goes to the euro (in 2007) and gets touristy.

music by do make say think.

2 comments:

F Daum said...

You should save the dv tapes or dv files. That's great footage and maybe you'll use them again with different audio. Some local sounds are really cool.

Mbashta said...

"I'd go back there in a second, despite being a small city" implies that you are a small city. What you mean to say is "I'd go back there in a second, despite it(s) being a small city."